Doctoral Researcher in Management Science and Operations
Araz Zirar is a Doctoral Researcher in the School of Business and Economics at Loughborough University, UK. He earned a Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Management Sciences from the University of Kurdistan Hewler (UKH), Iraqi Kurdistan and a Master of Arts degree in Public Administration from the American University of Beirut (AUB), Lebanon.
His professional career include a number of HR-related positions including the post of Director of HR from 2011 to 2014 at the University of Kurdistan Hewler (UKH).
Operations Excellence; HR-enabled Lean Implemementation; Lean Service; Lean-enabled HRM
Dr Alok Choudhary
Dr Clive Trusson
'HR-enabled lean implementation in the service sector'
- Zirar, A., Choudhary, A., Trusson, C. and Shankar, R. (2017) ‘Revisiting the objectives of lean in service sector: industry evidence from five case studies’, in EurOMA 2017. Edinburgh, Scotland.Araz Zirar Andy Charlwood, Z. R. (2016) ‘Lean, a management philosophy for turbulent times’, in BAM2016: Thriving in Turbulent Times. British Academy of Management.
- Zirar, A. (2016) ‘Lean management in turbulent times’, in BAM2016 Conference. University of Newcastle.
- Zirar, A., Radnor, Z., & Charlwood, A. (2015). The Relevance of the Human Resource Management (HRM) to Lean in the Service Sector: Evidence from Three Exploratory Case Studies. In SBEDC 2015 proceedings (pp. 6 pages). Loughborough: Loughborough University.
- Zirar, A. (2015). The Triangle of HRM practices (Developmental Paper). In BAM2015 Conference. University of Portsmouth.
- Khodr, H. & Zirar, A.A., 2013. International briefing 30: training and development in Iraqi Kurdistan. International Journal of Training and Development, 17(4), pp.295–309.
- Zirar, A. A. (2011) Human Resource Development (HRD) in the Public Sector: Training in the Public Sector of the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG). Germany: VDM Verlag.