25 May 2016
‘Inspiring Minds’ event for students and teachers interested in business and enterprise
On 22nd June 2016 the School of Business and Economics and the School and College Liaison Team are hosting an ‘Inspiring Minds’ event comprising a Sixth Form Taster Day and a Teachers conference.
The Inspiring Minds sixth form Form Taster Day is aimed at Year 12 students who are considering applying for a business or economics degree programme. Attendees will have the chance to sample lectures from leading academics in the field, find out about the admissions process, learn how to create a stand-out personal statement and meet students and staff who will be answering questions and queries about university life and undergraduate study at a Top-10 UK business school.
Students will hear from Loughborough graduates-turned-entrepreneurs:
- Paul Humphreys - Founder of StudentCrowd, a university life review site.
- Liam Doolan - Founder of Comb, an app that allows users to search, save and share two million products all in one place.
- Ross Kemp – Founder of Asap Water Crafts, electric-powered, one-person, quick-launch water crafts for rescue and leisure.
- Becky White – Founder of onesixeight: fitness, ‘Becky Bounce’ is a record-breaking, award-winning fitness expert who offers fun fitness programmes for adults and youngsters using mini-trampolines.
To book onto the Inspiring Minds event head to the website here. You can book individually as well as for a group of students to attend.
Running alongside the above event is a conference aimed at teachers of Level 2 and Level 3 business and enterprise qualifications, entitled ‘The Entrepreneurial Business Teacher’. This event is being run by the University’s School and College Liaison Team and Enterprise Village.
This conference aims to update teaching knowledge of business practice, give an opportunity to speak with leading entrepreneurs and a chance to network with business teachers from across the country.
Speakers at the conference include:
- Alison Pask – The Institute of Financial Services
- Liam Doolan – Founder of Comb
- Jess Barnet – The Treat Kitchen
- Laura Hall – Pearson Edexcel
- Penny Power OBE – The Business Cafe
- Kamal Hyman – National Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2015
- Adrian Lyons HMI
To book your place for the teachers conference head to the website here.