Experiential learning events tailored to your company's needs for maximum impact.
We work enthusiastically with organisations to tailor programmes to each company's specific objectives.
The aim is to provide a focused and bespoke learning experience that focuses on identifying critical issues and formulating solutions that deliver value and impact for the managers and leaders in your organisation.
Enlisting the expertise from experienced teachers and researchers from within the School, coupled with members of the organisation’s own community, modules are designed to capture the needs of both the sector as a whole and also the individual organisation.
Each tailored programme offers a one-of-a-kind learning experience with the focus on identifying critical issues and formulating solutions that deliver results.
Working with you
Our tailored training programmes are founded upon a philosophy of partnership with corporate clients. We work to understand your business and your people, and to form a long-term relationship with you.
Our client-centred approach is realised through a clear and negotiated agreement on all aspects of the development and provision of our training programmes. Our extensive services are tailored to individual client’s needs and are affirmed annually by strong repeat business sustained over many years.
An experienced Programme Manager works closely with you in the development of the programme and throughout its delivery to ensure that the programme meets your objectives and that your goals are realised. A flexible and adaptable approach allows clients to select a format from short course or open programme through to a tailored qualification programme, which can be delivered onsite or at your organisation.
Tailored services include
- A wide range of customisable general management and talent management programmes
- Training needs analysis, programme design services, training evaluation
- In-company training
- Short courses
- Recognised University awards at Certificate and Diploma level
We have delivered successful continuous professional development programmes both across the UK and internationally for over 30 years, partnering with clients from a wide range of business sectors.
We work with organisations to provide customised programmes that have a long lasting positive impact and maximise return on investment.
Benefits to your business
- The opportunity to work with experts in your field providing access to the ability to draw on the latest thinking
- Opportunities to join collaborative projects
- Access to specialist facilities and cutting edge research
- Enable you to retain and develop talent
- Build leadership and management capacity
- Underpin professional development within your organisation
All our programmes are delivered by experienced staff with specialist research capability, and employment and consultancy experience within their respective fields. Teaching staff come from Loughborough University as well as from industry, commerce and the professions – all are well qualified to up-skill experienced managers.
Networking and events for business
Our partnerships working across business means we are constantly meeting with and networking with influencers across a wide range of organisations. The events the School of Business and Economics hold offer many opportunities to make new contacts, improve knowledge and keep up-to-date with the latest thinking across our specialist research areas.
Masterclasses and seminars
We hold a variety of networking events and Masterclasses every year with expert speakers on topics including:
- Jean Tomlin OBE - Managing and Motivating a Workforce of 200,000
- Ian Robertson - The Transformation of Business Support Services – The Journey of Shell plc
- Strategy – Lessons for Business from the World of Security & Counter Terrorism
- Simon Baldry - Leading a Fast-moving Business – Coca Cola Enterprises
- Sir Charles Bean -The Future of Monetary Policy
- Professor Paul de Grauwe - 'The Future of the Euro'
- Sally Gunnell OBE – Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace
Student placements and internships
A student placement or internship is an excellent way of attracting talent to your organisation. It is a cost-effective way to have a skilled student working in your organisation. Whether it be an undergraduate with fresh ideas and perspectives or an MBA student with international work experience to tackle a one–off project, our students welcome the opportunity to contribute to your organisation and apply their learning.
MBA students from the School of Business and Economics can provide a low-cost consultancy to your organisation and help you develop projects in a number of areas, for example, business analytics, project management and innovation, social media, staff development and new product development.
If you are interested in having us design and deliver a course specific to your needs and goals, please phone us on 01509 223140 or email Vicki Unwin (V.E.Unwin@lboro.ac.uk).
We look forward to working with you.