4 July 2019
Business Model Innovation in the Energy Sector: A Dialogue with Stakeholders
Presented By Loughborough London Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, School of Business and Economics and Modularity Grid
- 9am - 5pm
- LDN.1.04, Loughborough University London
- Visit event website
Tickets are free but you will need to register your attendance.
About this event
Come along to the London campus on Thursday, 4 July for a dialogue with stakeholders of the energy sector to understand the drivers and impact of energy business model innovations.
Organised by the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, School of Business and Economics and Modularity Grid, this workshop is a full-day event with speakers and participants ranging from academics, industrial experts, policymakers and research students.
Supported by the JOINT Fund inititative, the goal is to (1) develop a better understanding of the current energy business context and the role of key stakeholders and their experience with the existing energy business models; (2) assess the impact of technologies (e.g., digitalisation) in driving energy business model innovation, making electricity affordable, reliable, and sustainable; (3) identify research challenges and opportunities in entrepreneurship and innovation (e.g., business model innovation, entrepreneurship, and innovation ecosystem) in the energy sector; and (4) offer meaningful insights for the UK energy companies and policymakers to achieve sustainable developments.
- Daniel Kirk, Head of Innovation Link, Ofgem
- Dr Jeffrey Hardy, Sr Research Fellow (Society led low carbon transformations) Faculty of Natural Sciences, The Grantham Institute for Climate Change, Imperial College London
- Dr Laura Santamaria, Lecturer, Deputy Associate Dean for Enterprise, Institute for Design Innovation Loughborough University London
- Professor Monica Giulietti, Head of the Economics discipline group, School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University
- Tom Elliott, Business Modelling Consultant, Energy Systems Catapult
Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
There is no charge to attend this workshop.