29 November 2018
Increase Revenue & Profitability through Sustainable & Low Carbon Procurement
Presented By School of Business and Economics
About this event
Learn from the best practices of Heathrow Airport, Carbon Trust and Expertise at Loughborough University
The purpose of this workshop is to support businesses and SMEs in particular to drive revenue growth, increase profitability, reducing waste and duplication through sustainable & low carbon procurement strategies, learning best practices, networking and knowledge sharing.
Benefits for Participants:
- Increase profitability, drive revenue, win new business and reduce cost through sustainable & low carbon procurement strategies
- Improve your environmental performance by learning from Heathrow Airport Supply Chain and Expertise of Carbon Trust
- Receive cutting edge academic expertise and access to sustainability toolkit from Loughborough University
- Engage in dialogue through interactive round table panel discussion
- Share collective experience, knowledge and best practices from across sectors
- Network, collaborate and identify business opportunities
- Get 1-2-1 business support and access to funding for Energy Efficiency
Are you ready to do business with Heathrow Airport?
- Learn about the Sustainable Procurement Strategies for Heathrow
- What qualitative standards do they require from their suppliers
Presented by Steve Ballard, Cost and Pricing Manager, Heathrow Airport
What 'good' looks like for a responsible supplier?
- How to achieve the qualitative standards.
- Leading edge examples of sustainability from business in various sectors
Presented by Martin Barrow, Director of Footprinting, Carbon Trust
The world is round not flat - circular supply chains are here to stay
- How toolkit developed at Loughborough can help you improve your sustainability performance
- Learn from and receive cutting edge academic expertise from Loughborough University
Presented by Alok Choudhary, Reader in Supply Chain Management, Loughborough University
Green Business Fund
- How to access funding and direct support for SME’s to achieve sustainability