Placements and Internships
Infuse your organisation with fresh ideas and energy
At the School of Business and Economics, we take great pride in delivering relevant and career-enhancing programmes, from our BSc degrees to our MBA.
Most of our undergraduate degree courses have a built-in one-year salaried placement at an organisation partnered with the School, of which there are more than 2000 in the UK and internationally. Our MBA programme offers international students the opportunity to secure a 45-52 week internship in the UK. This experience is fundamental to their future careers as managers.
The School of Business and Economics was one of the first business schools in the UK to offer its undergraduate students a full-year placement as part of their degree, and it continues to be one of our greatest strengths.
Strategically extend your recruitment pipeline
- The placement student of today will become the manager of tomorrow
- Offering a 6-month or 12-month placement means you can trial and access performance and potential, with a view to future recruitment
- Around 1/3rd of our students are offered a job by their placement company
- We work with over 2000 organisations all around the world, from multinationals to SMEs – many of which could be your competitors
High-quality placement employees, infusing your organisation with fresh ideas
- We attract high-calibre, enthusiastic undergraduate students and equip them with research-led and commercially relevant teaching
- Our placement students are keen to put theory into practice and take on managerial responsibilities, injecting a source of new ideas to your organisation
- Our experienced Placements Office and Academic placements visits give you and the student the support you need before, during and after the placement
Our undergraduate degrees in Business and Economics are continually monitored to ensure they meet the exacting demands of employers, and many of them have been developed in partnership with industry and commerce. Ford, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose and Barclays are just a few examples of companies who have helped to fund our current undergraduate degrees.
MBA students who choose the MBA with Internship option are seeking to secure a 45-52 week professional internship in their second year.
An internship is especially desirable to our international MBA students as it offers them the opportunity to:
- Gain invaluable UK work experience
- Apply what they have learnt to a live commercial environment
- Build their UK work experience in a management or consultancy role (non-UK internships may be permitted)
If you or your organisation is interested in providing an internship, please contact Natalie Sermon on +44 (0)1509 228005 or N.M.Sermon@lboro.ac.uk.
To learn more about the MBA Internship, please visit our Corporate Connections page.