Loughborough University’s School of Business and Economics is proud to be a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
As a research intensive, globally connected university with excellent links to industry we aim to lead research and practice in responsible management through our application of the six PRME principles:
- Developing student capability as responsible leaders,
- Incorporating the values of global social responsibility into our activities and curricula,
- Enabling learning processes for responsible leadership,
- Engaging in research for sustainability,
- Working with our commercial and educational partners, and
- Facilitating dialogue on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
As a research-led School our Research Centres and Research Interest Groups are the principal focus of our activity with numerous research projects focusing on sustainability and responsible leadership.
We engage with not-for-profit organisations such as Action Homeless (Leicester) through research, staff volunteering, student projects and internships.
Ethical practice is a theme embedded in our academic programmes, which incorporate masterclasses and thought leadership events on ethics and sustainability.
The University's Ethical Policy Framework can be found here
A downloadable version of the School of Business and Economics' full PRME Sharing Information on Progress (PRME SIP) Report 2018 can be found below.
Finally, at corporate level and as a member of the Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges EAUC, Loughborough University aims to ensure that our own organisational practices should serve as examples of the values and attitudes we convey to our students.
Find out more
The PRME global news and events page can be found here.
The page links to further information including PRME activity globally, the PRME Global forum, participants, working groups and chapters.