Rob is a skilled electronics technician with over 20 years work experience across different sectors, and 16 years of experience in the specialised field of electronics production, manufacture and management including PCB manufacture, PCB assembly and rework both manual and automated to IPC-610 standards, quality control to IPC-610 Standards, prototyping, NC machining, fabrication, interpretation of schematics, and full instrument assembly and testing to UKAS standards.
He is based in the Sir David Davies building, providing a wide range of support to various activities and research across the School of Science and beyond.
- Electronics support to research and teaching activities across the School of Science
- Electronics support to students within the school of Science
- Joint facilitator of the electronics labs for the Physics program
- Management administrator and lead for the Raman spectroscopy system in the School of Science
- PAT testing services
- Electronic equipment maintenance and repair for the School of Science
- General technical support for activities and maintenance of physics research equipment within Sir David Davies building
- Procurement and storage of electrical and electronics consumables and supplies for Sir David Davies building
- Fire Marshall for the Sir David Davies building
- Supporting various outreach projects both inside and outside the School of Science