Mr Tony Sutton BSc(Hons), FHEA, MIEEE, AMIMech
- University education at De Montfort University Leicester, First Class Bachelor of Science Honours Degrees in Mechatronics.
- Worked as a control systems design engineer in various companies.
- Joined Loughborough University in October 1999.
- Promoted to University Teacher with responsibility for all individual projects within Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering 2002 and became Mechanical Engineering Programme Director 2008.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Associate Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Broad Interests and Expertise
Problem based learning, project supervision, engineering education and assessment, engineering design, programming, analogue electronics, image processing, process control, instrumentation, prosthetics and biomedical engineering.
Research Interests and Activities
- Engineering Education and Assessment
- Project and Problem Based Learning and student engagement
- Biomedical engineering
- Instrumentation and measurement
- Embedded control and mobile robots
- Engineering design
2006 University Excellence in Teaching prize.
2015 Winner of the NI Engineering Impact Awards (education category)
- Programme Director: BEng and MEng Mechanical Engineering
- Module leader: Part A Engineering Principles and Professional Skills, Part C Computer Control and Instrumentation, MSc Integration project, MSc PLCs and electronics. Lecturer on Part D Mechatronics A, Part D Mechatronics B, Part A Electronics Systems for Mechanical Engineers.
- UG and PG Projects Co-ordinator, 2002 - 2008
- PG Learning and Teaching Committee member, 2002 - 2014
- UG Learning and Teaching Committee member, 2002 - 2014
- Member of Engineering Faculty Board
- Faculty Member of Prizes Committee
- Engineering Faculty representative on Assessor Panel for the Ede and Ravenscroft Prize and the John Guest Phillips Memorial Travelling Scholarships.
- Wolfson School Library Liaison Officer Feb 2010 - Oct 2015
- Chair, Library Users' Committee since 31 March 2012