Vincenzo Cucumazzo BSc, MSc, AWeldl, IMarEST
PhD research Student
Prior to joining Loughborough University, Vincenzo gained his MSc in Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Materials Engineering from the Cranfield University with a dissertation in Dynamics of Floating Structures.
He also received two BSc in Building and Civil Engineering from Politecnico of Bari where focussed on Structural and Hydraulic aspects of structures and infrastructure. He also holds a 5-year Diploma in Mechanics from I.T.I.S. A. Volta.
Vincenzo is passionate about Computational Mechanics, Numerical Analysis and Structural Integrity of structures and materials.
- High School Diploma in Mechanics – I.T.I.S. Alessandro Volta, Italy (2000 - 2005)
- BSc in Building Engineering – Politecnico of Bari, Italy (2005 – 2009)
- BSc in Civil Engineering – Politecnico of Bari, Italy (2009 – 2013)
- MSc in Offshore and Ocean Technology with Offshore Materials Engineering – Cranfield University, England (2014 – 2015)
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering – Loughborough University, England (Apr 2017 – ongoing)
Parametric Modelling of Mechanical Performance of Nonwovens for Design and Manufacturing
Partly funded by The Nonwovens Institute in NC University State and EPSRC, Vincenzo’s research focuses on the area of Computational Mechanics, in particular on Nonwovens Composites.