PhD Research Student
Turki is a member of the Plasma and Pulsed Power Research Group.
Pulsed electromagnetic processing of metals
His research activity is in the field of magneto-forming technology including:
• Numerical modelling using commercial available software being necessary to guide the experimental program.
• Experimental test using a high –energy capacitor bank, with the output controlled to deliver a fast pulse to a coil surrounding the pipeline, high-energy capacitor banks are to be used to drive MA currents through a coil
• Welding aluminium cylinders with galvanized steel cylinders in theta-pinch geometry
• Welding stainless steel cylinders with stainless steel cylinders in theta-pinch geometry
• Forming magnesium cylinders in theta-pinch geometry
• Forming magnesium plates in flat plane geometry
• Forming aluminium cylinders in Z-pinch geometry