Mohammed Mabkhot MSc (Hons)
PhD Research Student
Mohammed Mabkhot achieved his B.Sc. (Hons) in Industrial Engineering from King Khalid university, Saudi Arabia, following which he worked in industry for two years. He was awarded his M.Sc. (Hons) in Manufacturing Systems by King Saud University, Saudi Arabia, where his research focused on exploring the use of distributed artificial intelligence and knowledge-based systems to monitor and control disruptions and risks in manufacturing and cyber-physical systems.
Mohammed has had the opportunity to work in two funded research projects collaborating with field practitioners and researchers from both industry and academia in Saudi Arabia, Morocco, and Tunisia to build computer systems and decision support tools that are more responsive to change, disruptions and risks.
- M. Sc. in manufacturing systems (GPA:4.88/5 with distinction, 1st degree honors, First top student in the department of industrial engineering). King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- B. Sc. in Industrial engineering (GPA:4.76/5 with distinction, 1st degree honors, First top student in college of engineering). King Khalid University, Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Recipient of Award of Excellence in scientific high school from ministry of education of Yemen. Third top student in Sana’a province.
- Recipient of Award of Excellence in Engineering from King Khalid University, Abha, Saudi Arabia. First Top student.
- Recipient of forth place prize in student research competition, Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Mohammed is currently undertaking his PhD. His research focuses on exploring the benefits of applying a symbiotic system during ramp-up time in industry 4.0 environments.
- Research expertise and experience:
- Reconfigurable manufacturing systems
- Disruption and risk managements
- Intelligent Manufacturing
- Knowledge management (Ontologies)
- Cyber-Physical systems in Industry 4.0
- Modelling (UML, IDEF)
- Teaching experience
- Manufacturing processes
- Discrete event simulation (Arena)
- CAD modelling (NX, Solid Work, AutoCAD, CATIA)
- Design of Experiments (Minitab)
- Advance Statistics (SPSS)
- Engineering Economic
- Operation Research (Lingo)
- Practical Experience
- Production Management
- Product Design
- Quality management (ISO standards, 6 sigma, lean management), Six sigma Black belt.
- Industrial information system: ERP Baan
- Traffic control systems, VisSim
- Public transport systems, VisWalk
- Reviewing experience:
- Reviewer for IEEE Access.
- Reviewer for Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering.
- Mabkhot, Mohammed M. Alsamhan, Ali M., Hidri, Lotfi. (2019). An Ontology-Enabled Case-Based Reasoning Decision Support System for Manufacturing Process Selection. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. DOI: 10.1155/2019/2505183.
- Mabkhot, Mohammed M. Al-Ahmari, Abdulrahman, Salah, Bashir, Alkhalefah, Hisham. (2018). Requirements of the smart Factory system: A survey and perspective. Machines. DOI: org/10.3390/machines6020023.
- Hidri, Lotfi, Elkosantini, Sabeur, Mabkhot, Mohammed M. (2018). Exact and heuristic procedures for the two-center hybrid flow shop scheduling problem with transportation times. IEEE Access. DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2826069.
- Mabkhot, Mohammed M., Mohamed Krid, Ali M. Al-Samhan & Bashir Salah, (2019). An Ontology for Sensors Knowledge management in Smart Manufacturing Systems. 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Smart Manufacturing (S2M 2019), Manchester University, UK, April 9-1, 2019.
- Mabkhot, Mohammed M., Alsamhan, Ali M., Darmoul, Saber (2016). An information model to support reconfiguration of manufacturing systems. 4th IFAC international conference on intelligent control and automation science, Reims, France, June 1-3, 2016. DOI: org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2016.07.086.
- Mabkhot, Mohammed M., Alharkan, Ibrahim, (2015). A dispatching rules-based (dr-b) algorithm for single machine bicriterion scheduling problem with two agents. 3rd international conference on optimization techniques in engineering, Rome, Italy,November 7-9, 2015. http://www.wseas.us/e-library/conferences/2015/Rome/MFO/MFO-23.pdf