Phd Research Student
Harnanis' s PhD research is inspired by the recent advances of optoelectronics, microelectronics, and signal/image processing. These also meet the needs of point-of-care testing (POCT) for real-time retinal blood perfusion assessment with relevant diseases.
The project aims to research into an effective biomedical engineering route that allows image processing for region of interests (RoIs) in eyes to reveal diseases, i.e., lesion, diabetics etc. The specific research objectives are:
- To study in vivo physiological assessment techniques in application of retinal peripheral blood monitoring;
- To set up a biomedical engineering model for interpretation of path-physiological phenomena in order to deliver an effective retinal assessment system.
- To research into available image/signal processing methods for biomedical monitoring, diagnosis and assessment meanings in clinical environments; and
To address the challenges from biomedical system engineering involved in validation of OPI through biomedical study/trials.
- “Still Image De-noising Based On Wavelet Transform”, IEEE International Conference on System Engineering and Technology (ICSET 2011), UiTM Shah Alam, Malaysia ISBN: 978-1-4577-1255-5
- “Face Recognition Based on Auto-Switching Magnetic Door Lock System using Microcontroller”, IEEE International Conference on System Engineering and Technology (ICSET 2012) ITB Bandung, Indonesia ISBN: 978-1-4673-2375-8
- “Investigation Perceptual and Robustness of LSB Digital Watermarking Scheme on Halal Logo Authentication”, IEEE International Conference on System Engineering and Technology (ICSET 2012) ITB Bandung, Indonesia ISBN: 978-1-4673-2375-8
- “Low Complexity SDR Transceiver Design using Simulink, Matlab and Xilinx”, IEEE International Conference on ICT Convergence 2012 Jeju Island, Korea ISBN: 978-1-4673-4829-4
- “A Simple Approach of Blood Vessel Detection in Retinal Images using MATLAB”, IEEE SCORED 2012 Penang, Malaysia ISBN: 978-1-4673-51-607
- “SFDR Improvement Algorithms for Current-Steering DACs”, International Conference on Integrated Circuits, Design and Verification (ICDV 2013) Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- “Modeling and Simulation of Microscopic Defects in CIS-Based Solar Cell Thin Film using Silvaco TCAD”, IEEE Regional Symposium On Micro and Nano Electronics (RSM 2013) Langkawi Island, Malaysia ISBN: 9781479911813