Dr Paul Leaney BSc, MSc, PhD, CEng, MIMechE
Director of Mechanical & Manufacturing Undergraduate Programmes
- Attended Lincoln Grammar School.
- BSc, MSc attained at Bath University, mechanical engineering department.
- Joined Loughborough University as a research assistant in 1979 and became a lecturer in 1983.
- PhD gained in 1986 in modelling and control of electrohydraulic servosystems.
Research Interests and Activities
- Systems engineering.
- Motion control servosystems.
- Techniques of dimensional control in design, manufacture and build.
- Design for manufacture and assembly.
- Sports equipment modelling, design, analysis and manufacture.
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the International Council of Systems Engineering
- IMechE Academic Liaison Officer
- IET Liaison Officer
- External examiner Bath University
- External examiner Cardiff University
- Responsible examiner for:
- MMC108 Robotics, automation and control
- MMC400 Design for assembly, ug
- MMP400 Design integrated manufacture
- MMP460 Design for assembly, pg
- Contribute to / teach on:
- MMA504 Integrating studies
- MMA505/MMA506 Integrating studies 1a and 1b for IMT Part A.
- MMB501 Integrating studies (miniprojects for Part B).
- MMB504 Application of product design
- MMB506 Insight into industry
- MMC500/501 Individual project
- MMC507 Personal and professional development
- MMP405 Engineering design methods
- MMP408 Engineering design process and project management
- MMP500 Major project
- MMP602 Manufacturing systems
- MMF501 Design and manufacture of consumer products
- MMI001 Industrial placement
- Programme Director, Innovative Manufacturing Technology
- Warden, Hazlerigg-Rutland Hall