To assist in the management of taught laboratory activities for the School of Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering, in the coordination of resources through liaison with ADT, LTC, University Teacher and module tutors as appropriate. The post holder will contribute to teaching across all UG programmes and assist students in the discovery of solutions to other practical problems including supervision of student projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of Undergraduate laboratory activities including timetabling, staff and equipment resourcing and health and safety.
- Assist in the delivery of health and safety introduction to new students.
- Plan, in collaboration with module leaders, practical teaching sessions to meet the learning outcomes of the module.
- Design appropriate learning materials and assessment instruments for such practical sessions.
- Teach in, assess with, and provide feedback on undergraduate laboratories and on the associated practical skills.
- Assist in the provision of training for, as appropriate, RAs and PhD students supporting lab activities.
- Undertake Risk Assessments for own teaching sessions and assist in the coordination of Risk Assessments for all taught laboratory sessions.
- David Davies Building – Laser Safety Officer.
Other Related Activities & Functions:
- Apply, subject and pedagogic research to support teaching activities
- Provide one to one guidance on relevant aspects of individual student projects.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times through compliance with Health and Safety at Work legislation and the University’s operational procedures.
- Support School Open Days and Outreach Activities.
- Carry out other duties as may be reasonably required by the ADT and programme directors.