Postgraduate Research Administrator
Key roles and responsibilities
- Support the coordination and delivery of School PGR administration.
- Liaise with the Research Student Office, Doctoral College and Academic supervisors to manage and progress PGR applications including those with collaborative funding, liaising with Research Finance Office where required.
- Represent the Wolfson School at the Research Administrator Liaison Group (RALG) meetings, facilitate and actively contribute to improved systems within Wolfson and University processes.
- Provide advice and support to academic PGR Supervisors as required on all PGR related issues, liaising with the Research Student Office where required.
- Undertake other duties as required in support of research.
Postgraduate Research Students
- Liaise with the University’s Research Student Office (RSO) and the PGR Admissions Tutors, to oversee the processing of PGR student applications and supporting documentation.
- Deal with queries from applicants, current PGR students, the RSO and Graduate School and to be proactive in maintaining contact with applicants prior to the commencement of their studies.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of studentship documentation and to ensure that appropriate records are maintained and accurate.
- Support the Postgraduate Research Officer to deliver the annual review and progression meetings and for collating the relevant documentation in a timely manner.
- Support PGR attendance monitoring and compliance processes for the School, ensuring records are maintained and updated in a timely way.
- Maintain PGR records, and liaise with academic colleagues to update LUSI in respect of PGR progression.
- Responsible for PGR induction, maintaining the PGR handbooks, and organise and attend all PGR induction meetings and events within the School.
- Monitor and report on PGR funding and facilitate the allocation of studentships with the ADR and DDP.
- Contribute to PGR promotional advertising, marketing and recruitment activities as required.
- Work with Supervisors and DDP to coordinate and facilitate pastoral care for PGR students.