Dr Jawad Mirza PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate in Signal Processing
Jawad Mirza received the B.Sc degree in Electrical (Telecommunications) Engineering from COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (IIT), Islamabad, Pakistan, and the M.Sc degree in Communications Engineering from the University of Manchester, U.K., in 2007 and 2009, respectively. He received the Ph.D degree from the Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand, in 2016. He is on leave from COMSATS IIT, Islamabad, Pakistan where he was working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering. From May 2017, he is working as a Postdoctoral Research Associate (Signal Processing) in Wolfson School of Mechanical Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering at Loughborough University, UK. His research interests include limited feedback MIMO techniques and 5G wireless communication systems.
5G wireless communications, limited feedback MIMO and full-duplex MIMO networks.
12. J. Mirza, B. Ali, S. S. Naqvi, S. Saleem, “Hybrid Precoding via Successive Refinement for Millimeter Wave MIMO Communication Systems”, IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1-4, 2017.
11. J. Mirza, P. Smith, P. Dmochowski, M. Shafi, "Coordinated Regularized Zero-Forcing Precoding for Multicell MISO Systems with Limited Feedback", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 335-343, 2017.
10. J. Mirza, M. Shafi, P. Smith, P. Dmochowski, "Limited Feedback Massive MISO Systems with Trellis Coded Quantization for Correlated Channels", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 65, no. 10, pp. 8240-8254, 2016.
9. J. Zhang, Y. Yu, M. Shafi, M. Zhang, J. Mirza, "Statistical Characteristics of Measured 3 Dimensional MIMO Channel in China and New Zealand", Chinese Journal of Engineering, 2015.
8. J. Zhang, Y. Yu, M. Shafi, M. Zhang, P. Dmochowski, J. Mirza, "Measurements of 3D Channel Impulse Response for Outdoor-to-Indoor Scenario: Capacity Predictions for Different Antenna Arrays", IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC) , Hong Kong, 2015.
7. J. Mirza, P. Smith, M. Shafi, P. Dmochowski, A. Firag, A. Papathanassiou, "Double-Cap Differential Codebook Structure for MU MISO Systems in Correlated Channels", IEEE Wireless Communication Letters, 2014.
6. J. Mirza, P.A. Dmochowski, P.J. Smith, M. Shafi, "A Differential Codebook with Adaptive Scaling for Limited Feedback MU MISO Systems", IEEE Wireless Communication Letters, 2014.
5. J. Mirza, P. Dmochowski, P. Smith, M. Shafi, "Limited Feedback Multiuser MISO Systems with Differential Codebooks in Correlated Channels", in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), June 2013.
4. J. Mirza, P.A. Dmochowski, P.J. Smith, M. Shafi, "Capacity Loss for Multilayer Codebook Precoding in MIMO Systems", in Proc. 23rd IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Sydney, 2012.
3. M. Zhang, P.J. Smith, M. Shafi, P.A. Dmochowski, J. Mirza, "MIMO Capacity Gain Analysis for General Channel Models", in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Ottawa, 2012.
2. J. Mirza, A.A. Ikram, H. Bajwa, "Maximum Doppler shift frequency estimation using Autocorrelation Function for MIMO OFDM systems," in Proc. 2nd International Conference on Information and Emerging Technologies (ICIET), Karachi, 2010.
1. H. Bajwa, P. Patra, A.A. Ikram, J. Mirza, "Nanostructured conformable patch antenna array," in Proc. 2nd International Conference on Information and Emerging Technologies (ICIET), Karachi, 2010.
Reviewer IEEE Communication Letters
Reviewer IEEE Transactions on Communications