School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
Dr David Hutt
BSc ARCS PhD
Reader in Electronics Packaging Materials
- Degree (1988) and PhD (1992) in Chemistry from Imperial College, University of London.
- Research Associate at University of Warwick, University of Nottingham and Loughborough University.
- Took up position of lecturer in November 1999.
Research Interests and Activities
- Electronics manufacturing including:
- Novel substrate manufacture
- Flip-chip assembly
- Fluxless soldering
- Metallisation of substrates
- Polymer encapsulation
- Surface chemistry, especially Self-assembled Monolayers (SAMs) with applications in:
- Oxidation protection and preservation of metallic surfaces
- Ink jet printing
- Surface activation
- Member of the editorial advisory board of Circuit World journal
- Senior Member of the Institution of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of the Technical Committee of the IEEE, Electronics Packaging and Technology Conference (EPTC)
- Referee for IEEE Transactions on Electronics Packaging Manufacturing, Electrochimica Acta, Journal of Applied Physics
© 2019 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.