Our courses are delivered by experienced academics with extensive education and research experience. We offer a wide range of courses each year for professional engineers wishing to acquire or update their engineering skills and knowledge.
These courses are advantageous to both employers and employees because they:
- initiate and support improvements in business
- increase individual knowledge and skills
- are accredited by the IET
- provide access to an advanced set of e-learning tools, including a portfolio of virtual learning laboratories and simulation software
- can contribute towards a postgraduate award on successful completion of the associated assessment (optional)
- Our courses are aimed at graduates in engineering or other technical disciplines.
- If you do not have a degree as specified above please contact the Postgraduate Adminstration Team at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering with details of your academic and work experience. An assessment will be made on your suitability for the course.
|Course Title||Start Date||End Date|
|Biomass (DL)||30th September 2019||31st January 2020|
|Solar Power (DL)||30th September 2019||31st January 2020|
|Water Power (DL)||30th September 2019||31st January 2020|
|Wind Power (DL)||30th September 2019||31st January 2020|
|Energy Storage (DL)||3rd February 2020||17th June 2020|
|Energy System Investment and Risk Management (DL)||3rd February 2020||17th June 2020|
|Integration of Renewables (DL)||3rd February 2020||17th June 2020|
Further details including content, assessment and learning outcomes for each course are available on the Short Course Calendar or via the individual links contained within the table above.
Note that enrolment for each course closes 3 weeks prior to their commencement.
- For Semester One courses the deadline for booking is 9th September 2019
- For Semester Two courses the deadline for booking is 6th January 2020
Below is a breakdown of the course costs per credit for 2019-20:
WS CPD cost per credit
|£71.60||20% Alumni discount||£716.00||£1,074.00||£1,432.00||£2,148.00|
Payments by invoice are also accepted on receipt of a purchase order number. Please contact the Distance Learning Short Course Administrator to make arrangement for payment by invoice.
Note: Taking an exam at Loughborough is free of charge. An additional Loughborough administration fee of £250 is charged for taking exams off campus. However you will have to pay further costs to arrange and use an approved local exam centre. For more details please contact the Postgraduate Administration Team prior to making your booking
Booking is now available for our Semester 2 2019-20 courses.
Once you have booked and paid for you place on the course you will be required to complete a short application form so that a student record can be created and we can give access to the learning material online.
In the event of cancellation by the delegate, an administration fee of £250.00 for each student place is levied. Cancellations must be received at least 10 working days prior to the start of the course. We regret that no refund of course fees can be made for cancellations received after this date.
To apply for a refund you must inform us, in writing, and provide written evidence of the original payment as refunds will only be paid to the account from where it originated.
In the event that you are unable to attend the course, you may send a substitute in your place. Please inform us of this as soon as possible and before the commencement of the course.
The University also reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the content of the course. In the event of cancellation by the University, fees will be refunded in full. It does not accept liability for costs incurred by delegates or their organisations for cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation.