7 Oct 2020
New Industrial Policy and Insight Centre aims to accelerate manufacturing in the Midlands
We are delighted that a new centre aimed at boosting manufacturing in the Midlands has been launched at Loughborough University.
The Industrial Policy and Insights Centre will bring together businesses, government and academics to generate thought-leadership papers, insights and industrial policy positioning reports.
The new centre, which is run in collaboration with The Manufacturing Technology Centre which aims to bridge the gap between academia and industry, will tackle important issues such as:
- barriers to rapid market pivots based on Covid-19 experience
- business model transformation
- cultural change within the manufacturing environment
- economic impact of manufacturing
- financial and funding model transformation
- market aggregation
- technology drivers
- supply chain development
- energy supply, including renewables.
The centre was officially launched by Loughborough University’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Robert Allison on Monday 5 October 2020.