Dr Eugénie Hunsicker
Director of Equality and Diversity, School of Science; Senior Lecturer
- Research areas
- External research activities
- Research videos and slides
Ph. D. University of Chicago 1999
M. Sc. University of Chicago 1993
B. A. Haverford College, Haverford, PA 1992 Magna Cum Laude, high departmental honors
Exchange Oxford University, Oxford, UK 1991
Phi Beta Kappa 1991
2006-present Lecturer & Senior Lecturer in Mathematics, Loughborough University.
2005-2006 Associate Professor of Mathematics, Lawrence University.
1999-2005 Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Lawrence University.
1994-1998 Lecturer in Mathematics, University of Chicago.
1993-1994 Teaching Assistant, University of Chicago.
Research interests in mathematics:
- Elliptic PDE on noncompact and singular manifolds
- Pseudodifferential operator calculi
- Hodge and signature theorems for singular and noncompact manifolds
- Intersection cohomology and its generalizations
- Monopole and other moduli spaces arising in physics
- Numerical techniques for spectral problems with singular potentials
Research interests in statistics and data science:
- Analysis of high dimensional and functional data
- Metabolomics, including statistics for biomarker identification and process control
- Statistical methods for image data, particularly in physical and materials sciences
- Topological and geometric methods in statistics and machine learning
- Analysis of clinical data for epidemiology and medical policy making
Lecturer at graduate summer schools:
- “Partial differential equations and analysis on singular spaces” Hausdorff Center for Mathematics, University of Bonn, 2007;
- “Summer School on Singular Analysis” University of Oldenburg, 2012;
- "Topology, Stratified Spaces and Particle Physics Summer School" Fields Institute, 2016
External workshops/semesters organised:
- “Hausdorff Institute for Mathematics workshop in honour of Prof. Werner Mu ?ller’s 60th birthday” HIM, 2010;
- “Topology of Stratified Spaces” MSRI, 2008;
- MSRI semester, “Analysis on Singular Spaces” 2008;
- “L^2-harmonic forms in geometry and string theory” ARCC, 2004.
Director of Equality and Diversity, School of Science
Deputy Director of the Centre for Scientific Imaging, School of Science.
Deputy Chair of the Athena Forum
Videos related to Diversity
Royal Society Diversity Conference (minute 5:22:00)
Blog posts related to Diversity
Womanthology: Clearing the paths to careers in maths for girls
Work and Awards
Gamechangers for Diversity in STEM: Out and About in STEM
Data Analysis MOOC
FutureLearn: Data Tells a Story
Introduction to the b-calculus (3 lectures' slides): February 2008, HCM
Introduction to pseudodifferential operators (video): August 2008, MSRI
L^2 Cohomology (5 lecture videos) August 2016, Fields Institute
A Hodge Theorem for Intersection Space Cohomology (video), Nov 2014, BIRS
Topology and Compactifications of Moduli Spaces (video) August 2015, INI