Beth graduated from the University of Nottingham with a BSc in Chemistry in 2018 and has since gone on to spend a year working for the school of Veterinary Medicine and Science for the University of Nottingham. Having acquired skills in equipment maintenance and laboratory organisation, she then went on to become the Laboratory Technician supporting the Synthetic Lab.
- Help support the teaching of students within the synthetic lab.
- Carry out routine maintenance on analytical equipment to ensure a high level of accuracy in measurements.
- Carry out daily lab decontamination after lab sessions.
- Assist in the running of demonstrations within the synthetic lab for open days and applicant visit days.
- Preparing the lab for teaching sessions; including setting up equipment, preparing stock solutions and ensuring all chemicals are available for students to use.