James is a research associate who is currently working in the Department of Chemistry at Loughborough University with Dr Kenny Jolley, where he is investigating the diffusivities of fission products as part of the Understanding and Improvement of Graphite for Nuclear Fission (UNIGRAF) project.
- PhD University of York (2016)
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant, University of York (2016-2017)
My research is focused on condensed matter, computational and statistical physics. I am especially interested in computational approaches to problems in materials science.
My current work is focused on extracting the properties of fission products in nuclear graphite.
- Implement simulations at various scales to investigate the diffusivities and transport properties of fission products in nuclear graphite.
- Implement DFT, MD and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Compare suitability and results of various approaches, extending techniques as necessary.