Dr Anas Alkayal
Research Associate in Supercapacitor Materials and Devices
Dr Anas Alkayal obtained his B.Sc. in 2006, and his M.Sc. degree in chemistry in 2011 at Al-Baath University (P.R. of Syria). He then began his Ph.D. research under the supervision of Doctor Ayman Karam also at Al-Baath University focusing on drug discovery. He received his PhD in 2016, and in 2018, moved to Loughborough University (UK) to conduct postdoctoral research with Dr. Buckley which centres around reducing our reliance on fossil-fuel-based raw materials, utilising electrosynthesis and carbon dioxide. In June 2020 he started to work as a PDRA with Professor Upul Wijayantha on JUICED Hub and Hydrogen Generating.
Carbon Dioxide utilisation, catalysis, green chemistry and electrosynthesis.
Energy Storage – Supercapacitors (Materials, Devices, Characterisation, and Scale Up).
Hydrogen Generating – Methane Cracking.
- Designing and running reactions.
- Co-Drafting papers.
- Day-to-day running of the laboratory, housekeeping and health and safety.
- Co-Supervision of BSc final year student projects.
- Co-Supervision of MChem final student projects.
- Co-Supervision of MSc student projects.
- Co-Supervision of Ph.D. student projects.