Dr Stella Georgiadou PhD
Lecturer in Chemical Engineering
Stella was awarded a MSc in Chemical Engineering from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. On completion of her degree she worked as an environmental impact engineer for the Regional Development Company. She was also awarded a MSc in Environmental Sciences from the University of Patras,Greece, where she worked as a Researcher and Teaching assistant for 3 years. Stella conducted research for a PhD on Polymerisation processes at Loughborough University. On successful completion of her PhD in 2005 she joined PERA Innovation, UK, as a research proposal writer before taking up a 3 year postdoctoral research position at the department of Materials at Loughborough University. Stella held the post of Project Manager at Pera Innovation until 2010 when she was appointed as a lecturer in Chemical Engineering at Loughborough
Outline of main research interests:
- pH sensivite block co-polymer nano-particles / micelles for targeted drug delivery. Synthesis, micellisation, drug encapsulation and release.
- Polymer nano-fibres by electrospinning for tissue engineering
- Conductive polymer nanofibres for energy applications, hydrogen storage, and gas sensors
- Nanoemulsion by low energy emulsification (phase inversion) methods.
- Polymer nano-composites via in situ polymerisation
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece
- Member of IChemE