Maryam (Maria) Parsa holds a BSc in Mechanical Engineering – Heat & Fluids from the University of Hormozgan, Iran and an MSc in Thermal Power and Fluids Engineering (with distinction) from the University of Manchester, UK. She also holds an MSc in Energy Conversion and Management (with distinction) from the University of Nottingham, UK. Subsequently, she was employed as a doctoral researcher by the VEDECOM Institute, France to continue her studies for a PhD in Mechanical Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Hauts-de-France (formerly University of Valenciennes), France. After working as a research engineer at the same university, she was awarded the Doctoral Prize Research Fellowship by Loughborough University, UK.
- Doctoral Prize Research Fellowship, Loughborough University, UK, 2018 – present.
- Student Scholarship, Campus France and University of Valenciennes, France, 2016.
- PhD Salary Award, The VEDECOM Institute, Versailles, France, 2013 – 2016.
- Tuition Fee Studentship, Cranfield University, UK, November 2012 (gratefully declined).
Main research interests and activities
- Characterisation of Bacteriophage Suspensions
- Spreading, Wetting and Evaporation of Sessile Drops
- Bubble-scale and bulk-scale foam stability analysis
- Antibacterial Coating
- Parsa, M.*, S. Harmand, and K. Sefiane. (2018): "Mechanisms of pattern formation from dried sessile drops". Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 254, 22-47.
- Parsa, M., S. Harmand*, K. Sefiane, M. Bigerelle, and R. Deltombe. (2017): "Effect of substrate temperature on pattern formation of bi-dispersed particles from volatile drops". Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 121, no. 48 11002-11017.
- Parsa, M.*, R. Boubaker, S. Harmand, K. Sefiane, M. Bigerelle, and R. Deltombe. (2017): "Patterns from dried water-butanol binary-based nanofluid drops". Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 19, no. 8 268.
- Parsa, M., S. Harmand*, K. Sefiane, M. Bigerelle, and R. Deltombe. (2015): "Effect of substrate temperature on pattern formation of nanoparticles from volatile drops". Langmuir, 31, no. 11 3354-3367. (>70 citations)
- Parsa, M., A. Trybala, D. Malik, and V. Starov*. (2019): "Foam in pharmaceutical and medical applications" Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, 44, 153-167. (Invited review & selected for the journal cover page)
- Dr Alexandros Askounis, School of Engineering, University of East Anglia, UK (England).
- Prof Souad Harmand, Department of Mechanical Engineering, LAMIH Laboratory, Polytechnic University of Hauts-de-France, France.
- Prof Maxence Bigerelle, Department of Mechanical Engineering, LAMIH Laboratory, Polytechnic University of Hauts-de-France, France.
- Prof Khellil Sefiane, Institute for Multiscale Thermofluids (IMT), School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh, UK (Scotland).
- Dr Anniina Salonen, Laboratoire de Physique des Solides (LPS), Paris-Sud University, France.
Reviewer for International, Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Applied Thermal Engineering [Aug 2017 – Present]
- Langmuir [Aug 2018 – Present]
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer [Jan 2019 – Present]
Teaching and Supervision Responsibilities:
- 19CGB012 – Mass Transfer and Separations
- 19CGD067 – Interfacial Science and Engineering
- 19CGC033 – Research Project
Administrative and Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Member of the Athena SWAN Assessment Team for the School of AACME
- Member of Welfare & Communications Committee for the School of AACME