Dr Maria Parsa
Doctoral Prize Fellow
Maryam (Maria) Parsa holds a BSc in Mechanical Engineering – Heat & Fluids (with first-class honours) from the University of Hormozgan, Iran and an MSc in Thermal Power and Fluids Engineering (with distinction) from the University of Manchester, UK. She also holds an MSc in Energy Conversion and Management (with distinction) from the University of Nottingham, UK. Subsequently, she continued her studies for a PhD in Mechanical Engineering at the Polytechnic University of Hauts-de-France (formerly University of Valenciennes), France. After working as a research engineer at the same university, she was awarded the Post-Doctoral Prize fellowship by Loughborough University, UK.
- Post-Doctoral Prize Fellowship, Loughborough University, UK, July 2018.
- PhD Scholarship, Polytechnic University of Hauts-de-France, Valenciennes, France, May 2016.
- PhD Salary Award, The VEDECOM Institute, Versailles, France, April 2013.
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, Cranfield University, UK, November 2012 (gratefully declined).
Main research interests and activities
- Sessile Droplet Evaporation for various applications (e.g. heat transfer, inkjet print, biology)
- Deposition patterns from nanosuspension droplets
- Nanofluids and their applications
- Heat transfer
Parsa, M., S. Harmand, and K. Sefiane. "Mechanisms of Pattern Formation from Dried Sessile Drops" Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 254, (2018): 22-47.
Parsa, M., S. Harmand, K. Sefiane, M. Bigerelle, and R. Deltombe. "Effect of substrate temperature on pattern formation of nanoparticles from volatile drops." Langmuir, 31, no. 11 (2015): 3354-3367.
Parsa, M., R. Boubaker, S. Harmand, K. Sefiane, M. Bigerelle, and R. Deltombe. "Patterns from Dried Water-Butanol Binary-based Nanofluid Drops" Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 19, no. 8 (2017): 268.
Parsa, M., S. Harmand, K. Sefiane, M. Bigerelle, and R. Deltombe. "Effect of Substrate Temperature on Pattern Formation of Bi-Dispersed Particles from Volatile Drops" Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 121, no. 48 (2017): 11002-11017.
Reviewer for international, peer-reviewed journals (e.g. Langmuir, Journal of Applied Thermal Engineering).