Graphic Communication and Illustration University Teacher (Part-time)
Art and Design Foundation Studies University Teacher (Sessional)
Helen is a practising freelance illustrator. Helen has experience of being employed as a graphic designer and freelancing for a variety of different companies. She has also worked as a fashion photography assistant.
Within Helen’s freelance illustration experience she has worked on projects including online game design, editorial illustrations, visual merchandising projects and designs for greetings cards. Helen’s range of greetings cards have been sold in the Medici Gallery, Waterstones and other retailers in the East Midlands and London.
Helen is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UKPSF.
Helen has experience of tutoring a wide range of people in a variety of different art and design disciplines. In addition to her experience of delivering material for University students, she has delivered sketching workshops to architects, adults and children as well as running art workshops at Hayward House, a palliative care unit at Nottingham City Hospital.
Helen teachers on both the BA Graphic Communication and Illustration and Art and Design Foundation Studies courses.
On BA Graphic Communication and Illustration, Helen teaches on modules:
• SAA801 – Drawing: Discourses and Debates
• SAA802 – Visual Research in Practice
• SAB803 – Content and Context: Society, Culture and Economy
• SAB804 – Locating Practice: Interpreting Environments and Audiences
Semester 1 open office hours - please email me to book an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 22nd October: 9.30am – 10.30am
- Monday 28th October: 10am – 11am
- Tuesday 5th November: 11am – 12
- Tuesday 12th November: 11am – 12 and 4.15pm – 5.15pm
- Monday 18th November: 10am - 12
- Friday 29th November: 2pm – 3pm
- Monday 2nd December: 11am – 12
- Monday 9th December: 11am – 12
- Tuesday 7th January: 10am - 12