Research and expertise
Experience: (16 + years)
- Lecturer in the Department of Civil and Architectural Technology, Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), Saudi Arabia, Taif (2002-2004).
- Director of Alfaisal Technical Institute, Saudi Arabia, (2004-2007).
- Lecturer in Transport Studies, Department of Civil and Architectural Technology, College of Technology (TVTC), Saudi Arabia, Jeddah (2007-2010).
- Specialist Supervisor for Civil Engineering, Architectural and Surveying, (TVTC), Saudi Arabia, Makkah Region (2002-2013).
- Senior Engineer at Zuhair Fayez Partnership Consultants, King Abdul Aziz University (KAU) Projects, Jeddah (2014)
- Visiting Academic, University of Business and Technology (UBT), Civil Engineering Department (2015)
- Senior Lecturer in Transport Studies, King Abdul Aziz University (KAU)- Rabigh branch, Civil Engineering Department (2013 – present)
- Statistical Modelling
- Transport Economy
- Railway Studies
- GIS application in Transport
- Efficiency and Productivity Analysis
Alotaibi, S., Quddus M., Morton C., Imprialou M. “Quantifying the Relationship Between Transport Investment and Productivity in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”. No. 19-03834. TRB Conference, Jan 2019.
Alotaibi, S., Quddus M., Morton C. and Alam M. J. “Impact of transport investment on the efficiency of regional productivity growth in Saudi Arabia: an application of data envelopment”. OR61 Annual Conference, Sep 2019.
Alotaibi, S., Saleh, M., “Laboratory investigation of asphalt binder with and without crumb rubber modifier” 1st IRF Asia Regional Congress & Exhibition, Bali, Indonesia - November 17-19, 2014
Alotaibi, S., “Thermal susceptibility and low temperature cracking potential of different sources of asphalt binders”, [7th ICPT 2011, Thailand].
Book: 'Crumb rubber modified asphalt: Conventional and Superpave Techniques'. Noor Publishing, (May 17, 2017), ISBN-10: 3330850086, ISBN-13: 9783330850088
BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering, King Abdul-Aziz University, Saudi Arabia.
MSc (Eng) in Transport Planning and Engineering, Canterbury university, New Zealand.
Currently, a PhD candidate, School Architecture, Civil and Building Engineering. PhD Supervisors: Prof. Mohammad Quddus and Dr. Craig Morton
Participation in Consultancy Services
- Efficient Traffic Diversion and Flow Optimization Study for North Jeddah Corniche Road Development project, KSA
- Traffic impact study of the University of Jeddah (Scope of Work), KSA
- Supervision on the project of "Parking Management" for the KAU, KSA
- Study and analysis of the best alternative solutions for the traffic intersection in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Traffic impact study for a Business Residential Project, Prince Sultan Street, Jeddah, KSA
- Traffic Study for the surrounding area of the Girls School, KAU, Jeddah, KSA
- Professional Certified Engineer from the Saudi Authority for Engineering
- Member of Saudi Society for Civil Engineering
- Member of Saudi Authority for Engineering
- Member of Saudi Society for Traffic Safety.
- My paper was selected as the student award winner to be presented in the conference 7th ICPT,2010.
- Chair of the Saudi Society in Loughborough University, 2019/2020.