Research and expertise
Sustained Competitiveness in the UK Construction Sector: A Fresh Perspective.
Sustainable Urban Environment - Models and Metrics:
Wanigarathna, N, Sherratt, F, Price, A, Austin, S (2019) Design re-use: critical application of healthcare building design evidence, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 26(3), pp.350-366, ISSN: 1365-232X. DOI: 10.1108/ECAM-07-2017-0118.
Alotaibi, A, Edum-Fotwe, FT, Price, A (2019) Critical barriers to social responsibility implementation within mega-construction projects: The case of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Sustainability, 11(6), DOI: 10.3390/su11061755.
Pantzartzis, E, Price, A, Edum-Fotwe, FT (2019) Roadmap layers and processes: resilient and sustainable care facilities, Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 26(9), pp.1986-2007, ISSN: 1365-232X. DOI: 10.1108/ECAM-06-2016-0136.
- Editorial Board: International Journal of Project Organisation and Management; and International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management.
- Paper Reviews for: Engineering Construction and Architectural Management Journal. Construction Management and Economics Journal. Construction and Procurement. ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering. Building Research and Information. Journal of Construction Research.
Over 25 years design, construction and industry-focused research experience. Obtained BSc in Civil Engineering from Nottingham Trent University. Worked for four years as Structural Engineer for Jackson Peplow Consultants before joining Loughborough University as Research Assistant in 1981. Became a lecturer in Construction Management in 1984. Early research focussed on construction productivity and the motivation and development of human resources. This evolved to include several project management related topics, including integrated design and construction, integrated supply chains, partnering and less adversarial long-term relationships. In recent years, the focus has moved towards measuring and improving the socio-economic aspects of construction performance, this has included: construction value, sustainability; performance improvement; Total Quality Management; and benchmarking. Current research includes: innovative design and construction solutions for health and care infrastructure; continuous improvement; and sustainable urban environments.
Broad interests and expertise
- Design and Construction of Health and Care Infrastructure
- Built Healing Environments and Sustainable Urban Environments
- Project Management and Socio-economic Performance
- Value and Stakeholder Engagement
Chartered Engineer; Fellow of Institution of Civil Engineers; and Fellow of Chartered Institute of Building.