- Congratulations to Lee Bosher who has been promoted to Professor of Disaster Risk Management;
- Welcome to Huili Chen who joins us as a new Lecturer in Water Engineering.
Our group has four primary research themes:
- Hazards, Risk and Resilience;
- Hydrodynamics and Hydraulics;
- Water Quality, Security and Environmental Engineering;
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
The research group leader is Graham Sander. We are closely associated with the Water Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC), which was founded more than 45 years ago to address the issues of providing safe water and sanitation in low- and middle-income countries.
We play a leading international role in the academic discipline with several staff holding editorial positions with the major journals in water science and engineering, including Advances in Water Resources, Journal of Hydrology and Water Resources Research.