Mr Sumit Joshi BEng, MSc
Research Associate in Optical Fuel Spray Measurements
Member of the National Centre for Combustion and Aerothermal Technology (NCCAT) and Member of the Rolls-Royce UTC in Combustion System Aerothermal Processes
- Experimental and Theoretical Study of Atomization Processes
- Bachelor of Technology, College of Engineering Pune, India, 2012
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras), India, 2013 to 2015
- PhD, 'Experimental and Semi-analytical Investigation of Droplet Deformation in a Cross-flow' at Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras), India 2015 to present
- Project Associate at IIT Madras from April 2021 to May 2022
- Research Associate, Loughborough University, 2022 to present
Experimental Fluid Mechanics, Atomization and Sprays, Analytical Modeling, Optical Diagnostics of Sprays
Optical Fuel Spray Measurements
Experimental and Analytical Investigation of Droplet Deformation during its Secondary Breakup in a Cross-flow
Journal Publications based on PhD thesis:
- Sumit Joshi and Anand T.N.C., Droplet deformation during secondary breakup: Role of liquid properties, Experiments in Fluids, (accepted).
- Sumit Joshi and Anand T.N.C., Droplet deformation in secondary breakup: Transformation from a sphere to a disk-like structure, Int. J. of Multiph. Flow, 146, 103850, (2022).
- Sumit Joshi and Anand T.N.C., Experimental and semi-analytical investigation of droplet deformation in a cross-flow, Atomization Sprays, 29, 841-859, (2019).
- Sumit Joshi, Yashodhan Kadam, and Sushrut Ranade, A Parametric Study on the Taylor Analogy Breakup Model. In: Prabu T., Viswanathan P., Agrawal A., Banerjee J. (eds) Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering), 223-230, (2021).
Presentations in Conferences:
- Sumit Joshi, Yashodhan Kadam, and Sushrut Ranade A Parametric Study on the Taylor Analogy Breakup Model, 46th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, December 9-11, Coimbatore, India, (2019).
- Sumit Joshi, Sushrut Ranade, and Anand T.N.C., Secondary Breakup of a Low Viscosity Droplet in a Continuous Air Jet, Droplets, September 16-18, Durham, UK (2019).
Publications in Conference Proceedings:
- Sumit Joshi, Sushrut Ranade, and Anand T.N.C., Breakup of a Surfactant-laden Drop in a Continuous Air Jet Stream, 29th Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ILASS-Europe), September 2-4, Paris, France (2019).
- Sumit Joshi and Anand T.N.C., Studies on Secondary Atomization of Molten Gallium Droplets at Nearly CriticalWeber Numbers, 18th Annual Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ILASS-Asia), November 6-9, Chennai, India, (2016).
- Sumit Joshi and Anand T.N.C., Studies on Secondary Atomization of Non-Newtonian Molten Droplets, 13th Triennial International Conference on Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ICLASS), August 23-27, Tainan, Taiwan, (2015).