Dr Apostolos Spanelis BEng, PhD
Member of the Rolls-Royce UTC in Combustion System Aerothermal Processes since October 2014.
- External and Internal Aerodynamics - CFD
- Research Student, Cranfield University, 2010-14.
- BEng Mechanical Engineering, Athens, Greece
- PhD, ‘Large Eddy Simulations of GT Engine Exhaust Plumes’, Cranfield University, 2014
Outline main research interests
Aerodynamic development of a Cooled Cooling Air system for a gas turbine.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Experimental Fluid Mechanics