Henna-inspired Wooden Disc WorkshopBook now
Design and embellish your own bespoke wooden discs with henna-inspired designs!
LU Arts x LSU Ethnic Minorities Network
Join Neeka from Designsbynn in this interactive wooden disc design workshop. A great way to unwind and do something for you!
This one and a half hour workshop includes a chance to look through pattern inspiration and practice the acrylic cone technique. You'll then design and embellish your own wooden disc to take home using this technique as well as an array of rhinestones
Our workshop is suitable for all creative abilities so don’t feel discouraged if you’re not a dab hand at crafts…yet!
You will discover...
· Tips and tricks on how to hold the cone
· Practice lines & shapes on templates with acrylic paint cones
· Time to draw out your chosen designs whilst looking through inspiration
· Decorate your wooden discs, embellish with colourful rhinestones
· The chance to meet like-minded people
· Our workshop is great for mindfulness
· Painting slows the mind and keeps you in the present
· All materials will be provided at the workshop
· A small keepsake gift made by Neeka
This event is organised in collaboration with LSU Ethnic Minorities Network’s and their Breaking BAME Barriers campaign. To find out more about EMN and their campaign visit the LSU website or follow them on Instragram @emn.lboro.
About the workshop leader
Neeka Nagar has been running in-person art & design workshop experiences since 2018 to help people stay mindful and in the moment.
Neeka is inspired by the bold, striking patterns and colours of saris and the intricate details in Asian jewellery which has a history spanning thousands of years... and brings that to all their classes!
This event will take place in The Treehouse on the First Floor of the Student's Union. There is lift access to the First Floor and there are accessible toilets in the Union building. If you have any specific access needs then please let us know via the booking form or email email@example.com.