Happy Mondays: Henna workshopBook now
Delve into Asian and Middle Eastern cultures and have a go at henna!
This one-off workshop will cover:
- History of henna
- Live demonstration of the tutor applying henna on one or two of the students
- Tips and advice on how to apply henna onto the skin
- Templates with henna designs for students to practice with fresh henna
- Practice time on each other with fresh henna
- Decorate candles with henna and gems, a little keepsake to take home or a gift for a loved one
Neeka Nagar has always demonstrated a creative and artistic side from an early age. She would doodle anywhere possible, and therefore always knew that art would play a big part in her life and be an integral part of who she was as an adult. Now, Neeka’s passion has evolved into a career.
Neeka started her business Designsbynn around November 2013 and wanted to share her love for henna-inspired art. She loves to create henna designs on a variety of mediums; whether it be on paper or applying it to the skin. Not one piece is the same. She is passionate about her work and ensures that each piece she creates is unique to the individual or the brief presented.
Neeka takes inspiration from all around her...mainly from her Indian culture but also the beautiful fashion the culture possesses. In particular she is inspired by the bold, striking patterns and colours of the saris as well as the intricate detail in the jewellery. In addition, she looks to nature and architecture for inspiration.