BSc Sociology & Economics, 1978
Yvonne shares how she would like to utilise her position on the Alumni Advisory Board to enhance alumni engagement.
I am immensely proud to be a Loughborough graduate – I have watched the institution develop over the years to become a leading UK university with a global reputation for engineering and sporting excellence and increasing its reputation as a provider of top-class graduates from a wide variety of disciplines.
As an active Board member for the last three years, I have been in a privileged position to get close to the university again and meet many members of staff, current and past students and fellow Board members. It has been a personally rewarding experience to be able to give back and I would very much like the opportunity to serve again.
If elected for a further term I will continue to :
• Attend university events wherever possible to network with alumni and current students, as well as university staff, building the reputation of the Alumni Association and the value it can add.
• Build relationships with relevant university schools and stakeholders, again making them aware of the association and facilitate the sharing of expertise across the alumni community.
• Create more Loughborough in the North events (alongside the Engagement and Events teams) and identify high profile speakers from the wider Loughborough family
• Consult with fellow Board members to identify creative initiatives to attract 'lost alumni' and engage with the various campaigns lead by the Engagement team.
• Be a strong advocate for the University, contribute my expertise and use my network to seek out lost alumni and potential donors/sponsors.
I am a Management Consultant specialising in organisational change, operational effectiveness and leadership performance. I work across a wide range of sectors including central government, nuclear power, global pharma and the chemical process industry.
My career began in Information Technology where I worked on a number of leading edge software applications including the very first rapid deployment system for UK police forces and the initial design for the UK digital telephone system.
I then became a Management Consultant initially advising global organisations on the strategic use of technology before specialising in organisational performance and leadership development.
I have worked for a number of blue-chip institutions including NCR, IBM and Astra Zeneca and held a senior leadership role for one of the UK’s largest consultancy firms.
Since 2005, I have run my own consultancy practice. In addition, I have international experience and worked extensively across Europe, the USA and South Africa.
Recent clients have included Sellafield Ltd, Metropolitan Police, HMRC, Care Quality Commission, First Group, Novartis.