Benefits and networks
India Alumni Chapter: Elections 2020
Loughborough alumni span the globe, and many connect with one another via our Alumni Chapters.
Our India Chapter is recruiting for its next committee, who will take up a term of three years starting on 1 April 2020.
About the India Alumni Chapter
The India Chapter meet through a range of activities and reunions across different cities throughout India.
Alumni often meet with university academics and staff members when they visit the country, and members of the Chapter also support pre-departure events for students preparing to study at Loughborough.
Alumnus Sahil Jain is the current Chair of the India Chapter. We asked him what he enjoys most about being involved with the group:
“I enjoy the ability to connect with recent and very senior alumni, who revel in the way that the university has changed over the years by sharing their experiences with each other.”
What are the responsibilities of the ambassadors?
The India Chapter committee will be made up of up to five members. There will be a Lead Ambassador who chairs the committee, and up to five Regional Ambassadors coordinating activities in their areas.
Lead Ambassador (Chair):
The Lead Ambassador will:
- Be a former student of the University
- Provide overall co-ordination and planning of chapter activities
- Support the work of Regional Ambassadors
- Organise and chair one annual meeting to monitor progress and create future plans
- Provide regular updates of activity to central Alumni Engagement team
Up to four Regional Ambassadors (for Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune and Delhi) may be appointed depending on the geographical spread, and interest of alumni.
The Regional Ambassadors will:
- Be former students
- Be responsible for creating opportunities for alumni to network in their respective area
- Work with the Lead Ambassador to plan activities and review progress and plans at least annually
- Be responsible for any administrative, finance/accounting and communications/PR activities related to regional activity
How to nominate yourself for a position on the India Chapter committee:
Applications open on 14 February and will close at 11pm (GMT) on 28 February 2020.
Please complete an application form, specifying which role you are interested in and why you are applying.
Once nominations have closed, there will be a period of shortlisting. Voting will open on 11 March and will close on 24 March 2020. Alumni living in India will be eligible to vote in the election. The new committee will be announced on 31 March before members begin their term on 1 April 2020.