The University Library offers support across the institution in research, learning, teaching and administrative activities. Find out about our superb facilities and the services we offer to help enhance your Loughborough experience.
Study resources and support
Loughborough University has a strong tradition of looking after its students. From our state of-the-art IT facilities to our award-winning mathematics support, we aim to provide you with the best guidance and welfare support.
Library and learning support
- staffed opening hours until 2am term time and 24/7 opening during revision and exam periods
- an extensive range of courses and online resources to further enhance your academic and information literacy skills
- professional, subject specialist support provided to each school
- over 9,000m2 of space with around 700,000 print volumes of books and journals, DVDs and CDs
- access to over 100 databases and 30,000 electronic journals
- over 1,300 study spaces, wireless networking and around 250 PCs
- free specialist software including Microsoft Office
- further discounted software to assist you in your studies
- Office 365 available for all students, including unlimited file storage
- PC Clinic – offering free, friendly support and advice for your personal devices
- open-access computer labs across campus with access to over 1,700 computers (most are open 24 hours a day)
- connect your device to the University printers – simply print and collect from any printer on campus
- lecture capture – enabling you to access recorded lectures for work and revision
- extensive wifi coverage across campus
- Learn – providing access to online learning and teaching facilities.
Mathematics Learning Support Centre
- two superb resource centres with private and group study areas
- mathematics drop-in surgeries four hours a day
- statistics drop-in surgeries and free advisory service
Learning a language and studying or working abroad develops skills that will strengthen your profile, expand your opportunities, and broaden your horizons.
Student Support Centre
English Language Support Service
Student Advice and Support Service
The Bridgeman building is located at the heart of the University. The Careers and Employability Centre is based here, along with the Counselling and Disability Service, Mental Health Support Team, Student Advice and Support Service and the English Language Support Service.