Current students talk about the scholarships and bursaries they received and how they have helped them during their studies.
Development Trust Scholarships
Development Trust Scholarship award-holders will receive £3,000 per year for three years (excluding the placement year) and the support will be paid directly into your bank account in three equal instalments per year.
Students who meet the following criteria will be eligible for consideration:
- Be a UK national and assessed as paying UK/EU tuition fees
- Have applied and be in receipt of an offer from Loughborough University by 30 June 2018
- Commence the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree course at Loughborough University at the start of academic year 2018/19
- Be permanently resident in the UK in an area under-represented in Higher Education using Government approved measures (POLAR3 qypr1)
- Select Loughborough University as their firm choice institution (CF)
- Achieve at least ABB in A Levels or equivalent
All students that meet criteria a, b, c and d above will be identified and contacted directly by the University to invite them to make an application for the Development Trust Scholarship.
Eligible applicants will be required to complete an online application form by the 30 June 2018. The form asks for details of your household income, and the occupation and educational background of your parent(s)/guardian(s). You will also be asked to provide a supporting statement outlining why you would benefit from the scholarship, including details of any personal circumstances that may have made the process of entering higher education particularly challenging where applicable.
After the deadline, the applications received will be reviewed and scored by a panel. However, the Scholarships will not be awarded until after the University has received examination results, verified declared household income information and been able to confirm which students have successfully secured a place to study at Loughborough. The highest scoring applicants, who meet all of the above eligibility criteria (including the achievement of at least ABB at A Level or equivalent), will be awarded a scholarship.
Timeline for Development Trust Scholarships
|January||Eligible applicants invited to apply for a Development Trust Scholarship|
|30 June||Deadline for Development Trust Scholarship applications|
|August||Panel review applications and agree Scholarship recipients|
|September||Successful Development Trust scholars notified|