Get a feel for what life on placement is like with Karl's experience at Kier Group.
Guide to higher education
Higher education really does open doors to some really exciting opportunities.
Our aim here at Loughborough is to provide an environment where every student can reach their potential and be confident, prepared and motivated to succeed.
One way in which this is supported is by placement years being offered on every undergraduate course. These are a great way to gain vital experience and develop the skills employers seek which will ultimately help you secure the graduate job you want.
- Earn a salary while you gain experience
- Potentially secure a graduate job offer even before you graduate
- Gain awareness and skills, and boost your confidence
- Begin to develop a network of industry contacts
- Strengthen your CV and improve your career options
Not all placements are complusory and there are lots of ways to boost your employment prospects while studying too.
- Paid internships and vacation work experience
- Casual, part-time and vacation work
- Volunteering and participation in student societies
- Self-employment and enterprise
- Short-term work shadowing
Here's a few short video clips of what our students have to say.