Systems Modelling for Control Engineering
6 November 2017 - 10 November 2017
The aims of this module are for the students to understand the options available and the issues related to selection of modelling methodologies for control systems design. On completion of the module students will be able to explain the benefits and limitations of classical, linear, `first principle' methods of modelling systems, perform control design based on optimal LQG methods and the robust H-Infinity paradigm and explain and apply the concept of PIP (Proportional-Integral-Plus) control design. They will also be able to explain and apply system identification methods for system characterisation.
More information including content, assessment and learning time can be found here;
- Course code
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- One week
- Course leader
- Dr Peter Hubbard
- Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Places available
- Subject to availability - please contact email@example.com
- Target audience
- The module is aimed at student systems engineers or those seeking to supplement their traditional engineering skills with systems skills.
- Previous experience
- Graduate or those with appropriate industrial experience
- Examination (40%), one coursework report (60%).
- Course fee
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see costing table on CPD web-page
- Accommodation costs
- Not included
- Accommodation information
- A variety of on and off campus accommodation to suit different budgets is available from imago, our conference and events service. Go to www.welcometoimago.com
Cancellations: in the event of cancellation by the delegate, an administration fee of £250.00 for each student place is levied. Cancellations must be received at least 10 working days prior to the start of the course. We regret that no refund of course fees can be made for cancellations received after this date.
To apply for a refund you must inform us, in writing, and provide written evidence of the original payment as refunds will only be paid to the account from where it originated.
The University also reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the content of the course. In the event of cancellation by the University, fees will be refunded in full. It does not accept liability for costs incurred by delegates or their organisations for cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation.
© 2017 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.