Multimedia Over Networks
7 May 2018 - 11 May 2018
The aim of the module is to give the students grounding in techniques for 2D/3D video processing (video representation, compression basics, error robustness, adaptation and scalable video coding), spatial audio and speech signal processing required for efficient communication systems and multimedia networking. On completion of this module students should be able to explain the fundamental concepts in multimedia (video, audio and speech) signal processing, from acquisition and processing to transmission and rendering. They will also be able to formulate the basic building blocks of a coder (video, speech or audio), and qualitatively analyse the performance of a coder given a set of conditions. They will compare to each other the performances and complexities of different multimedia transmission protocols as well as analyse the impact of errors in video communications and propose basic error resiliency schemes based on standard applications.
More information, including content, assessment and learning time, can be found here:
- Course code
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- One week
- Course leader
- Dr Ahmet Kondoz
- Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Places available
- Subject to availability - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Target audience
- This course is for academic and industrial researchers and engineers who wish to extend their knowledge of multimedia signal processing.
- Previous experience
- To get the most out of this course you will be a graduate engineer or have appropriate industrial experience.
- Course fee
- Please contact email@example.com or check costs table on central CPD web-page.
- Accommodation costs
- Not included
- Accommodation information
- A variety of on and off campus accommodation to suit different budgets is available from imago, our conference and events service. Go to www.welcometoimago.com
Cancellations: in the event of cancellation by the delegate, an administration fee of £250.00 for each student place is levied. Cancellations must be received at least 10 working days prior to the start of the course. We regret that no refund of course fees can be made for cancellations received after this date.
To apply for a refund you must inform us, in writing, and provide written evidence of the original payment as refunds will only be paid to the account from where it originated.
The University also reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the content of the course. In the event of cancellation by the University, fees will be refunded in full. It does not accept liability for costs incurred by delegates or their organisations for cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation.
© 2018 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.