Manufacturing System and Process Modelling
12 March 2018 - 16 March 2018
The aim of this module is to provide an understanding of manufacturing and its management that recognises breadth and depth of required resources and information. This is done through developing an understanding of the hierarchy of computer based modelling relevant to manufacturing, ranging from the detail of material behaviour in processed parts, through macroscopic process models to the integration of processes within manufacturing systems and higher-level business processes. On completion of this module students should have an understanding of the influence of characteristic spatial- and time scales within manufacturing systems. Students will also develop understanding of techniques appropriate for modelling the physics- and organisational aspects of manufacturing system, as well as knowledge integration issues within manufacturing systems.
More information, including content, assessment and learning time can be found here:
- Course code
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- One week
- Course leader
- Bob Wood
- Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Places available
- Subject to availability - please contact email@example.com
- Target audience
- This course is for practising engineers who wish to gain a grounding in manufacturing system and process modelling.
- Previous experience
- To get the most out of this course you will be a graduate engineer or have appropriate industrial experience.
- 100% coursework assessment.
- Course fee
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see central CPD web-page.
- Accommodation costs
- Not included
- Accommodation information
- A variety of on and off campus accommodation to suit different budgets is available from imago, our conference and events service. Go to www.welcometoimago.com
Cancellations: in the event of cancellation by the delegate, an administration fee of £250.00 for each student place is levied. Cancellations must be received at least 10 working days prior to the start of the course. We regret that no refund of course fees can be made for cancellations received after this date.
To apply for a refund you must inform us, in writing, and provide written evidence of the original payment as refunds will only be paid to the account from where it originated.
The University also reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the content of the course. In the event of cancellation by the University, fees will be refunded in full. It does not accept liability for costs incurred by delegates or their organisations for cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation.
© 2018 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.