Manufacturing Process and Automation
20 November 2017 - 24 November 2017
The aim of the module is for students to understand the concepts and applications of state-of-the-art on manufacturing techniques available to manufacturing engineers. On completion of the module students should have an understanding of types of advanced automation systems, knowledge of the design and programming for computer numerical control and appreciation of their industrial applications. Students will also learn about a range of modern laser processing techniques and how these devices are able to improve more traditional machining and material processing methods.
More information, including content, assessment and learning time can be found here;
- Course code
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- One week
- Course leader
- Dr Elliot Wooley
- Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Places available
- Subject to availability - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Target audience
- This course is for practising engineers who wish to gain further experience and knowledge in manufacturing process and automation.
- Previous experience
- To get the most out of this course you will be a graduate engineer or have appropriate industrial experience.
- One 2-hour examination (80%) and two pieces of coursework (based on two laboratory exercises worth 10% each).
- Course fee
- Please contact email@example.com or see costs table on central CPD web-page
- Accommodation costs
- Not included
- Accommodation information
- A variety of on and off campus accommodation to suit different budgets is available from imago, our conference and events service. Go to www.welcometoimago.com
Cancellations: in the event of cancellation by the delegate, an administration fee of £250.00 for each student place is levied. Cancellations must be received at least 10 working days prior to the start of the course. We regret that no refund of course fees can be made for cancellations received after this date.
To apply for a refund you must inform us, in writing, and provide written evidence of the original payment as refunds will only be paid to the account from where it originated.
The University also reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the content of the course. In the event of cancellation by the University, fees will be refunded in full. It does not accept liability for costs incurred by delegates or their organisations for cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation.
© 2017 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.