Engineering Design Methods
4 December 2017 - 8 December 2017
This module will provide students with a working understanding of some of the main methods which may be employed in the design of products and systems. On completion of this module students should have knowledge and understanding of many of the methods available to designers and their roles and limitations within the design process, as well as specific methods applicable to marketing, innovative design and critical evaluation of designs.
More information, including content, assessment and learning time can be found here:
- Course code
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- One week
- Course leader
- Paul King
- Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Places available
- Subject to availability - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Target audience
- This course is for practising engineers who wish to gain a grounding in engineering design methods.
- Previous experience
- To get the most out of this course you will be a graduate engineer or have appropriate industrial experience.
- Assessment: 100% coursework based on 5 exercises: 2 group exercises completed during the module and 3 individual exercises completed after the module (20% each). Formats comprise charts, tables, summaries and drawings.
- Course fee
- Please contact email@example.com or see costing table on central CPD page.
- Accommodation costs
- Not included
- Accommodation information
- A variety of on and off campus accommodation to suit different budgets is available from imago, our conference and events service. Go to www.welcometoimago.com
Cancellations: in the event of cancellation by the delegate, an administration fee of £250.00 for each student place is levied. Cancellations must be received at least 10 working days prior to the start of the course. We regret that no refund of course fees can be made for cancellations received after this date.
To apply for a refund you must inform us, in writing, and provide written evidence of the original payment as refunds will only be paid to the account from where it originated.
The University also reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to the content of the course. In the event of cancellation by the University, fees will be refunded in full. It does not accept liability for costs incurred by delegates or their organisations for cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation.
© 2018 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.