Inspiring Minds: Online
The Inspiring Minds: Online series is aimed at year 11 and 12 students to give them a taste of the content they would experience at university. It is part of the Inspiring Minds event series that are held at Loughborough University throughout the year.
For the best submission in each subject, there will be a £50 Amazon Gift Voucher plus some Loughborough University clothing.
All submissions must be made by uploading a Microsoft Word document.
The deadline for the current Inspiring Minds: online series is midnight, Wednesday 20 December 2017.
If you are in Year 12, Inspiring Minds is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the options available at university. The events allow you to not only experience studying your chosen subject area at undergraduate level, but also to meet our current students and find out all you need to know about life at university! The events are totally free of charge (excluding the cost of travel to the campus), and refreshments will be provided*.
An event for Year 12 students thinking about applying to study humanities subjects at university. The day will include:
- Welcome talk
- Careers talk
- Practical workshops in English and Creative Writing, as well as many other humanities subjects
- Lectures delivered by leading academics
- Optional campus tour
For more information, or to book your place on an event, please click here.
- To be eligible to take part in Inspiring Minds: Online, you must currently be studying in school year 11 or 12 (DOB 01/09/2000 - 31/08/2000).
- Before submitting your answers, you must consent to give all information required on the answer submission page.
- By submitting your answers you agree that Loughborough University can share your information with East Midlands Widening Participation Research and Evaluation Partnership (EMWPREP).
Loughborough University is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998). Any data collected will be used solely for the purpose of evaluating the impact of the Inspiring Minds: Online programme. Any data collected will remain confidential. At no point will data be shared with any third party. Any data collected will be stored securely, with access to this data limited to, and monitored by, designated members of University staff. Data will be retained for a period of 3 years, to assist in the tracking of children progressing to further study and Higher Education.
For more information on the University's Data Protection Policy, please visit the University Data Protection website.