Sports Digital and Media Technologies MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:1 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
You will develop a critical understanding of how technology is impacting on sport, in particular the growing sport digital and media sectors.
Sport is embracing digital technologies to improve performance and shake-up tired and redundant business practices. The sports media provides valuable content and audiences for broadcasters, companies and sponsors. Thus understanding the importance of how technology is shaping the business of sport is essential for future sport business professionals and entrepreneurs. New technological applications in the business of sport requires graduates with new knowledge and skills to navigate this rapidly changing sector.
- Use action based learning to develop insight into the potential of new media technologies and their influence on innovation in the sports digital and media industries
- Develop the critical analysis skills required to evaluate and reflect on the innovation process and the behaviours required to manage innovation in the sports digital and media industry
- Develop a critical understanding of the dynamics of the sport digital and media sector
- Develop a critical understanding of the mobile internet and cloud technology with a special emphasis on media cloud applications shifting to mobile Internet platform and its associated challenges for sport
An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification from a wide range of subjects/disciplines. In exceptional circumstances an applicant may be admitted to the degree who does not possess the requirements mentioned, but who has substantial relevant work experience. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
Modules are assessed by a combination of written assignments, group exercises, presentations and time constrained assignments. Subject to your choices, there may also be exams. Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
This programme will provide you with knowledge of the technologies driving sport digital and media development, and other related activities. You will have the opportunity to develop advanced networking skills and will work in collaboration with others in order to compete in today’s global sport business environment.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.