Managing Innovation in Creative Organisations MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:2 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
You will study entrepreneurship in the context of both academic theory and self-reflection to assess whether you possess the qualities required to take action and make an idea happen.
You will also establish the areas in which you need to develop in order to demonstrate entrepreneurial behaviour in all aspects of your work. Intellectual property is of vital importance to the entrepreneur in creative industries, and we have devoted a module to this subject.
- Develop students critical thinking in order to evaluate the factors affecting the success of the innovation process and its application in creative organisations
- Use action based learning to develop insight into the complexity of the innovation process, analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time
- To develop students understanding of the innovation and design processes, analysing and evaluating their use through practical and theoretical projects
- To provide students with the skills of advanced networking and team working in order to compete in a rapidly changing business environment
An honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
Modules are assessed by a combination of essays, group exercises, presentations and time constrained assignments. Subject to your choices, there may also be exams. Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
Entrepreneurial behaviour is a key competency required by a growing number of employers and this programme will prepare you whether you wish to pursue a career in the creative industries, in an innovative SME, an established organisation or self-employment.
A robust understanding of business and the innovation process coupled with the skills required to take action, will be fundamental to your success in the current marketplace.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.