Design Innovation Management MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:2 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
You will be provided with concepts and skills for a variety of consumer, commercial, national and international markets across industry sectors.
How can the innovation process support the development of new products and services? This programme investigates the processes of design and innovation, and evaluates and tests your own ideas through a series of individual and group projects. This programme has been established to develop innovative thinkers from creative designers. You will be provided with concepts and skills for a variety of consumer, commercial, national and international markets across industry sectors.
This process will involve responding to briefs set by industry partners, as well as developing products and real-life business concepts.
Through the process you will respond to briefs from industry partners, develop products and business concepts. This programme was developed jointly with the Glendonbrook Institute for Enterprise Development.
- To enhance design skills and knowledge through theoretical and practical application individually and in multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary teams
- Develop collaborative behaviour through active learning and team work, analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time
- To enable graduates to develop their critical thinking and insight to improve their effectiveness as designers
- To enable graduates to develop their analytical and research skills through undertaking a substantial innovation management design and evaluation project
- Develop the critical analysis skills required to evaluate and reflect on the innovation process and the behaviours required to manage innovation in the design process
2:2 (or above) in Design, Innovation, Business, Media, Technology or related subjects. Applicants from non-Design backgrounds require 55% and above in their final year. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
English Language requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each subtest (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking) or equivalent.
Modules are assessed by a combination of essays, group exercises, presentations and time constrained assignments. Subject to your choices, there may also be exams.
Students will be asked to produce project briefs, concept drawings, user scenarios, storyboards, project blogs and multimedia documentation.
Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
This programme enables you to pursue a broad range of design management careers in the private and public sector. In particular, we aim to enhance your career prospects and prepare you for roles in innovation management. On completion, you might expect to gain senior management roles in a range of sectors, including marketing, new product development, innovation, research and development, and technology. Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.