Business and Economics
Management MSc (for non-business graduates)
1 year full-time
This degree is designed to improve the employment prospects of non-business graduates.
More specifically, the main vocational objectives are to develop your basic functional business knowledge and skills, enabling you to contribute quickly and purposefully to the running of a business.
We train non-business graduates in the broad, core aspects of business management whilst allowing for a deepening of ability in specific areas.
Knowledge and skills are further developed within the compulsory Business Analysis and Information Systems and Management modules, plus three other optional modules.
There is a strategic theme within the programme to give knowledge and skills relevant to middle management and more senior roles.
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Business Analysis
- Information Systems and Management
Summer Integrating Modules
- Management Analysis
- Strategic Management
Optional Modules* (choose three)
- International Marketing
- Business Economics
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Business Forecasting
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Advertising and Consumer Behaviour
- Retail Management
- Work Psychology
- International and Cross Cultural Management
- International Business Environment
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Global Outsourcing and Offshoring of Services
* Other optional modules are available
The 11 modules are assessed by a combination of examinations and assignments.
Lower second class honours degree in a non-business field from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University.
The programme is not intended for those with a Business Studies degree.
Dr Mohammed Rafiq
* Entrance requirements are in addition to the general entrance requirements.