Leadership and management
"High quality leadership at all levels is a key ingredient for success at Loughborough University. Participating in programmes organised by Staff Development, such as those accredited by ILM, provide opportunities for you to develop skills relevant to your own job and personal career aspirations."
Professor Robert Allison, Vice-Chancellor and President.
ILM is the UKs leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications, here at Loughborough we are pleased to offer the following range of ILM accredited programmes.
- Aimed at team leaders and members up to a grade 5
- Ideal for those who want to lead, organise and motivate a team in addition to those in a higher management grade who haven't previously attended any leadership development.
- This programme is offered within our Intern Development Programme on a optional basis
- Aimed at team leaders/managers from grade 5 to 7
- Ideal for those who are in a management role who have not previously recieved any leadership development
- In order to undertake this programme you need to be in a team leader role
- Aimed at team leaders, managers and aspiring managers who want to develop practical coaching skills
- Ideal for both those in a line management role and those who would benefit from developing their coaching skills to use with others
- Aimed at managers grade 7 or above
- Delegates can choose from a number of level 5 units in order to gain a level 5 Award, Certificate or Diploma
- To do the Diploma you must have completed the Award and Certificate
All of our ILM programmes are designed and delivered in-house to ensure they are Loughborough specific and help you develop the skills, knowledge and personal abilities you need to succeed.
Each qualifications consists of a number of units, some of which can be done as standalone sessions. For more information on these sessions click on the button below.
Once you have decided which level qualification you wish to do, you will need to attend a briefing session before you are able to book onto the programme.
Our ILM briefing sessions allow us to assess the correct level of development for you and provide you with an opportunity to discuss the programme with a Staff Development Adviser. Upcoming dates for each programme will be given out at the briefing along with an application form.
To book a place on a briefing, please log on to my.HR via the 'Book on a Course' button on the top right of this web page.
Please note ILM prgrammes are fully funded by Staff Development. After attending the relevant briefing, you will need to submit an application form for consideration before you are registered onto any of the ILM programmes. We reserve the right to charge your department on a cost recovery basis if you fail to complete the requirements of the prgramme. This does not apply in exceptional circumstances.
ILM Course Material
Once you are booked on an ILM course all material from your sessions will be put on the ILM Course Materials webpage, which can be accessed at the top of this webpage.
ILM Level 5 Assignment Writing Tutorial
This event is to further improve your ability in writing assignments for the ILM Level 5 Certificate. It will help you gain an understanding of the terminology used and the level of depth required to pass the assignments.